Tecolote Red ranunculas try to trick us into believing they are roses or peonies with their beautiful, large rose-like blossoms. These long-lasting flowers add a bright pop of color to arrangements and will outlive most other flowers in a vase. This sought after, easy-to-grow variety is every florist and gardener's friend!
Tecolote Red is sold in packs of 10 for fall planting.
- Soak corms in room temperature water for 3-4 hours; avoid over soaking.
- Choose an area with full sun for planting.
- Add compost and a balanced fertilizer to your soil.
- Plant corms 9 inches apart, 2-3 inches deep, with tentacles facing down in the soil.
- Water after planting and continue weekly watering to ensure the corms do not dry out for the remainder of the growing season.